In our paving slab production, we have red pigment available for coloring the top layer of our pavers. I have questions regarding the pigment layer of the paving slab.
1) What is the suggested amount of pigment for the colored layer?
2) Does the pigment added to the mix have an effect on the strength of the paver? For instance, will too much color reduce the durability of the top layer?
3) Water (with Sikament LN) is part of the mixture. Too much or too little water either reduces the strength of the mix or deceases the workability of the green mix. What direction / suggestion can you give regarding the correct amount water per mix?
1) Check other posts
2) Yes, for the same amount of cement, a pigmented layer will be weaker. See comment on other posts.
3) Sika's data sheet will give you some ideas about w/c (water/cement) ratios. You'll probably use one between .40 and .65 For the pigmented layer we use a higher w/c because the layer is so thin and doesn't have much weight to help it flow.